- A minimum of 6 students.
- A minimum of 5 chairs.
- At least 3 pairs of fruit vocabulary flashcards.
1. Arrange chairs in a circle, one less than the number of students.
2. Distribute flashcards, so each student holds a fruit card, even the standing one.
How to Play:
1. The standing student calls out a fruit, e.g., “apple”.
2. All “apple” cardholders swap chairs; the caller tries to take an empty chair.
3. A new standing student calls out a different fruit, attempting to find an empty chair.
4. Shouting “Fruit Salad” makes all students swap chairs.
5. Optionally, seated students ask “What do you like?” to standing student, who replies e.g., “I like apples.”
1. Simple to play.
2. Teaches fruit vocabulary.
3. Highly engaging and fun for students.